Marketing, Media Relations, Social Media
The demand for our firm’s services continues to rise. As such, we are looking for superstar employees to be part of this exceptional team. We hire only the best talent and we keep only the best talent.
The Project Manager is an employee whose primary responsibilities involve contributing to various aspects of the daily operations and services of the Delta Media office in Ottawa with some support to other company office locations. A focus on great customer service skills, team work along with impeccable attention to detail, exceptional project management and organizational skills are imperative for success in this position.
This position has been designated English imperative (Reading, Writing and Spoken) to the Government of Canada language proficiency level (CCC) and bilingualism is an asset but not required. The education level required is a college diploma or a university degree from within the fields of marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or advertising. A minimum of 8-10 years experience is necessary to apply to this job posting. A security clearance of reliability enhanced is necessary for the job. This security clearance can be provided and processed by DMI. Our list is ambitious, but our #TeamWork motto needs this type of person to add value to our team. Being a proactive team member is non-negotiable in our work environment; which also includes being available during peak service times of the year for the benefit of the DMI team which includes our client projects. We are looking for “The Givers” vs. “The Takers” when it comes to professional life. This position may also have project team members reporting to them directly while servicing client files.
- Ability to lead project teams including suppliers, clients and team members to produce successful outcomes on project files
- Excellent editor in English (and/or French)
- Strong writer in the English language and able to write compelling business documents for client project files and in a timely manner
- Critical thinker vs. an overly creative thinker (but some creative thinking is positive!)
- Multi-tasker: able to handle many client files at different processes at once and also be organized to not miss anything
- Strategic thinker: able to work quite independently and resolve issues in a professional and sound manner
- Highly-active on social media with an exceptionally developed presence (e.g. messages regularly, has a good following, proven experience working with the tools in a corporate setting etc.)
- Advanced knowledge about social media work (e.g. advertising, analytics, posting, engagement, analysis numerically and linguistically)
- Ability to provide counsel with sound strategic advice to clients based on proven experience in the areas of marketing, communications and public relations work
- Can provide at minimum 1 executive level leadership (direct report) reference from a previous successful marketing, communications and public relations job
- Can provide at minimum 1 client reference from a previous successful marketing, communications and public relation project
The position is permanent, full-time and based in the Ottawa office. The position to start is an assignment contract up to a 6 month term. DMI reserves the right to modify the job description and duties at any time during the employment timeframe. This job description works directly in tandem with the Company Policies, Procedures and Guidelines including Dress and Deportment requirements set forth by Delta Media Inc.
This assignment contract position has a starting pay rate of $25.00 per hour and is commensurate to the ideal candidate criteria. A salary and benefits package will be provided to the right candidate at the time of a full-time continuing, permanent employment offer.
- Under the direction of the President, Chairman, Vice-President(s) and/or designated project team members, the Project Manager’s priorities include supporting all aspects of DMI’s service categories in Ottawa and to other offices (as needed). With this particular role, there will be a key focus on specialty types of work within the areas of marketing, media relations and social media work. Support on the training division services file may also be necessary. The full suite of the company’s service division lines include:
- Market Research
- Strategic Planning
- Social Media
- Communication and Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Under the direction of the President, Chairman, Vice-President(s) and/or designated project team members, the Project Manager’s priorities also include a strong focus on business development activities as designated by the executive team and consultants:
- Packaging of bids and proposals;
- Gathering contact lists;
- Outreach to DMI contacts to initiate or schedule business development meetings/opportunities;
- Research business development opportunities; and,
- other duties as assigned.
- As assigned, the Project Manager’s duties may include:
- In conjunction with the Director of Training, Trainers and other project team members, you may be responsible to assist with the coordination and administration for the delivery of Delta Media’s bilingual training programs. In this role you are responsible for all of the tasks detailed on the training checklist, or to be in a supervisory role for a project team member assigned to the client file. Duties or overseeing services may include but are not restricted to:
- Scheduling training workshops and booking trainers,
- Distributing and soliciting pre-training questionnaires,
- Booking off-site training facilities, equipment and catering,
- Partaking in pre-training calls with the clients,
- Preparing all necessary training materials (e.g. print, electronic or other),
- Maintaining the training calendar,
- Liaise with trainers and clients,
- Prepare training estimates and proposals,
- Maintaining a training client list and an archive of completed evaluation forms,
- Setting up/taking down, quality assurance and revision of training equipment and materials,
- Inventory management for the training IT equipment,
- Providing the executive team with monthly reports for billing purposes,
- Project close-out duties,
- other duties as assigned.