Be a Leader and a Manager
It is not enough to be an excellent manager or a gifted leader: success in the workplace requires mastery of both.
There are often barriers in developing our leadership capabilities. Often such barriers can include a perceived lack of time, being overwhelmed by management tasks and/or a belief that we don’t have leadership abilities. However, the more we practice leadership, the easier our management responsibilities and the stronger our workplace relationships become. As team and individual goals, skills, priorities, learning and communication align, we create a more sustainable and productive work environment.
Our expert trainers will share with you how to:
- Identify leadership styles, your leadership profile, and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager
- Understand the difference between managing and leading
- Enhance your ability to positively influence others through effective communication in conflict situations
- Examine the basis of transformative leadership, from commitment to learning, to a values foundation, to transformational habits of mind and skill areas
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change
- Examine time management techniques with the view of freeing up time to lead
- Create an action plan for developing your leadership
2-day and 3-day workshops are available.