Positive Media Relations
Personalized training for media spokespersons and support personnel
This seminar offers invaluable advice on becoming message-driven as well as practical experience in front of the microphone and camera.
Delivered one-on-one or in a group setting, our Positive Media Relations training seminars include instruction on how to craft powerful media messages, how to ensure control over interview content and how to get your message across while giving reporters what they need.
More importantly, we offer an opportunity to practice your skills during simulated on-camera interviews.
Our expert trainers will share with you how to:
- Understand the media and their needs
- What media are looking for in an interview
- How to overcome fear and cope with nerves
- Prepare for a radio, television, print or telephone interview
- How interviews differ depending upon the medium
- Structure powerful messages
- Deliver your messages with confidence
- Presentation style and delivery including dress code
- How to answer questions without saying “no comment”
- Handling difficult questions or ones you didn’t expect
- Avoid trap questions and use bridging techniques
- How to maximize your media opportunity (extra tips!)
- Interview practice, both on and off-camera and post analysis
Half-day and 1-day workshops are available.