Manage Workplace Conflict
It is inevitable that we run into conflict at work. Conflict may be caused by a competition for resources, a disagreement about procedures, or a disagreement about a decision. If not dealt with properly, it is a major source of workplace stress: we are constantly worrying about an upcoming confrontation, or second-guessing how we just dealt with one. There are positive and negative effects of conflict yet conflict doesn’t need to be a negative influence. Conflict can also lead to new ideas, new opportunities, and a healthier work environment.
Though you can’t make conflict disappear, the solution to it is two-fold: know your own relationship with conflict; then learn and practice how to become a skilled, rational conflict manager, mastering yourself and managing others in everything from constructive criticism to angry outbursts.
This workshop will teach you the skills to resolve workplace conflicts and manage emotions during conflict while working collaboratively toward a win/win resolution.
Our expert trainers will share with you how to:
- Understand what conflict is and how it unfolds
- Understand yourself in and around conflict
- Recognize how your attitudes and behaviours during conflict impact others
- Appreciate the nature of conflict and that conflict can serve a functional purpose
- Recognize and understand your preferred conflict resolution style
- Identify the five styles of conflict resolution and when they will benefit and when they will backfire
- Create a six step process to collaborative conflict resolution
- Negotiate to a win/win
- Master strategies and techniques to manage emotions, both yours and theirs
Half-day, 1-day and 2-day workshops are available.